Your Ship Explained

A BLOG DEVOTED TO CREATING THE LIFE YOU TRULY WANT TO LIVE,
OR WHY AM I PARTICIPATING IN THE RAT RACE WHEN I HATE RATS?

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Confessions

Seasons greetings and Merry Christmas to all who find my musings here.

I'd like to start out this segment with a confession. Maybe a couple.

First, here it is 4 days 'til Christmas and I still haven't been to the store to get the gifts for the upcoming holiday. I know what I'm getting everyone, I just haven't gone out and bought them yet. Luckily for me all my grandchildren are really into gift cards so that will be easy. Payday is Thursday so I'll get out and get them either Thursday or Friday and get them sent. They'll be a little late but they'll get there.

My second confession is that I get lost in YouTube a lot. It's such an amazing place. To me Facebook is nothing compared to YouTube. There are so many amazing things and amazing people on YouTube. The thing that amazes me the most is the incredibly talented singers and players who share their talent with the world. Some of my favorites are Kelly Rosenthal (kellyismusical is her page) with her friends Maddie, Taylor, and Collin. Maddie, Taylor and Collin are incredible singers and Kelly plays guitar, bass, piano, and drums but she's best at guitar. There's Tyler Ward and his friend Julia Sheer. Tyler sings and writes music and is a super guitar player. They each have their own page. Then there's a little boy with big big dreams MattyB. A 7 year old rapper extraordinaire. Makes up his own raps and everything. I'm not big into rap but Matty is fun to watch.. Of course there's the ultra-cute Megan Nicole. She sings and she raps and is soooo easy on the eyes. I could go on and on because the talent pool is unending but I want to explain what it is all these people have in common. Can you guess? They are all chasing a dream. They all have great talent but lots of people have talent. I have talent. The difference is I never really chased my dream. I started to a few times but I let other people and my perceived limits get in the way of what I really wanted when I was younger. I let a few disappointments drag me down and keep me from who I feel I was supposed to be. The people I mentioned above as well as many others are out there day after day going for it. Not letting things get in the way of their dream. I'm in awe of them.

I still have a lot of dreams but my problem is I have so many of them. I'm like an ADD dreamer. Today I want to work on one dream and the next day I think I need to do something else first to prepare myself for the other dream and on and on. Focus and discipline are my challenges which are essential to accomplish greatness in any endeavor. What are your challenges? I know I've said this before but what are your challenges? What do you need to work on to get to the point where you are actually moving in the direction of your dreams? What do you need to do to overcome those challenges? This is the time of year when most people start to think about what they want to accomplish next year maybe we all should put overcoming our challenges on that list.

Merry Christmas!

Video of the day: Julia and MattyB... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-WisyMtmc

Next...”Choices”


No comments:

Post a Comment