Your Ship Explained

A BLOG DEVOTED TO CREATING THE LIFE YOU TRULY WANT TO LIVE,
OR WHY AM I PARTICIPATING IN THE RAT RACE WHEN I HATE RATS?

Saturday, December 11, 2010

What is "Where is Your Ship"?

At one time or another you have probably heard the line..."When my ship comes in I'll probably be at the airport".  It's kind of funny but sad at the same time because it sets us up with the belief that while we know there is something out there that will bring us the life we dream of and treasure Murphy's Law will make sure that we are always somewhere else and will never have the chance to experience "The Dream".   I'm sure that you, like me, have had many dreams in your life.  Many never come true but sometimes they do.  What are your dreams?

Dreams come in many forms.  Some are based around money, some around friendships, some around being loved and admired by a large group of people.  Many people have dreams of making a great contribution to the world like curing cancer or raising people out of poverty.  At one time I had a dream of being a country super-star.  I had a little country band that got off to a rough start but after awhile we developed a group of fans and I thought I had what it takes to make it but I never really chased that dream with the passion needed to make it come true.  My bad.  Anyway, I don't really want to make this about me.  I want to make this about you and what are you doing to find your ship.  Maybe I can help point you in the right direction or maybe I'll just give you something to think about along the way.

The thing about a ship is that in order for it to leave one point to travel to it's destination there has to be a crew.  A group of people who do certain things along the journey to help our ship arrive successfully.  So as we go through this journey I will be sharing ideas and thoughts that maybe will help not only you but also to a degree myself.  Sometimes I'll share things I've read.  Maybe a video or audio.  Something funny. Something serious.  In the end I desire to be helpful.  To offer something of value.  

I look forward to this journey.

 I dedicate this to the memory of my brother Rick.  Today would have been his 56th birthday.  He is one of my inspirations.

No comments:

Post a Comment